Monday, August 27, 2007

RAIN !

FRACTAL ART


TIME SHIP


GUARDIANS OF THE JEWEL


At last the drought has broken & @ 170mm over 5 days gently soaking rain filled the tank. I've had my first bath since February, almost forgotten the joys of wallowing in water. How dirty was the water asked probing friends? Aha..crystal clear actually, because of my very basic bath in a tin shed with concrete floor I can do the Japanesy thing & wash outside the bath before getting in to soak. This is a good trick if you have limited water too, as you can use the bathwater 2 or 3 times.

But we were lucky here, the rain was gentle. Not so 2-300 km north on Sunshine coast where the East coast low dumped something in the order of 800-900mm in a couple of days, which, combined with a king tide, brought extreme flooding.

Next of course we have the Equine flu & paralysis of the horse breeding & racing in 5 states.

The fires in southern Europe, especially Greece, the typhoons in Taiwan & China, the storms in the mid USA, overall the planet is in apocalypse.

My own life has suddenly entered a hugely creative stage. I've been into Flickr in a BIG way, surfing around the tags & groups & images, finding many, many wonderful postings from members & getting to talk with a few by flickrmail.

Hi if you are one of my chat buddies ! You have been so inspirational.

From all this has come an amazing surge of the juices in me. I've returned to an old love of the late 80's & early 90's - Fractals !

I've found progs like Fractal eXtreme, Agony, Apophysis, Chaoscope & have been on yet another steeeeep learning curve of endless obsessive image creation, modifying & enhancing with Photoshop.

So here, above, are my first efforts.

Stay safe my friends

No comments: